Tasks May Include:
- Perform Steady state and system impact studies associated with grid integration of renewable and emerging technologies for utility and other clients
- Perform short circuit and protection coordination studies for utility and other clients
- Perform dynamic studies on large power system networks including transient stability, rotor angle and voltage stability studies
- Conduct and lead transmission system reliability studies as per relevant ISO/RTO/NERC Standards
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to team members/engineers on steady state, short circuit and dynamic power system studies
- Serve as subject matter expert on performing TPL-001-4 compliance studies and generation interconnection studies
- Manage utility clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables
- Assist in writing proposals and participate in business development activities as and when needed
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering (focus on power systems) is required
- At least five (5) years of experience in modeling, analysis and planning of large power system networks with specific expertise in steady state, short circuit and dynamic analysis
- At least five (5) years of experience in conducting generation interconnection and transmission system reliability studies as per relevant Independent System Operator (ISO) or Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) standards
- At least three (3) years of experience in managing the utility clients for transmission planning and power system studies
- At least three (3) years of experience in application of system planning studies for NERC TPL compliance including TPL-001-004.
- At least three (3) years of experience in writing proposals
- Basic knowledge of harmonic, TOV, TRV and SSR evaluations as applicable to transmission system networks
- Expertise in power system analysis software packages PowerWorld Simulator, PSS/E, ASPEN, PSLF and Matlab/Simulink is a must for this position.
- Experience in complete life-cycle of the project including proposal writing, contract negotiation, executing the project, managing deliverables and client expectations
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Experience and/or expertise on dynamic load modeling is preferred although not a requirement for this position
- Working knowledge of automation scripts such as python for development of automation modules for power system analysis is preferred for this position
- Experience in managing and conducting near-term and long-term horizon transmission planning studies for utility clients especially in Texas
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: