Requisition ID: 64141
Provides process control network (PCN) technical support to ensure operational effectiveness of site’s process control environment. Assists engineering and other refinery groups with implementation of standards and best practices supporting mission-critical refinery-based PCN infrastructure in areas such as servers, applications, security firewalls, network switches and standard security architecture.
- Supports process controls engineering by providing technical support to troubleshoot and resolve PCN problems.
- Implements and maintains systems to corporate standards and best practices for PCN management and maintenance.
- Conducts security vulnerability analysis to identify and assess PCN risks. Establishes, implements and actively manages appropriate cyber security measures and practices defining preemptive and protective actions to mitigate vulnerabilities. Participates in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) to evaluate accident risk. Responsible for standard security architecture (SSA). Assesses site’s compliance to corporate cyber security standard for process control. Identifies gap closure measures and tracks to complete.
- Provides project support from concept to commissioning through review of PCN architecture. Develops plans for integrating new infrastructure into refinery.
- Develops, implements and monitors management of change (MOC) process and procedures for PCN-related systems utilizing rigorous change control.
- Leads development and implementation of PCN integrity program to ensure network continuity. Develops, tracks and reports PCN performance metrics. Conducts trend analysis and recommends improvement/optimization opportunities. Participates in root cause analysis of hardware and software failures and incident investigations. Works with sites’ Technicians in conducting routine inspections and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Manages PCN firewalls and demilitarized zone (DMZ) ensuring physical separation with enterprise network.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or management information systems required.
- Industry certification in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) and VMware Certified Professional (VCP) required or willingness to secure within 36 months of hire.
- Minimum 5 years experience with refinery process control systems required.
- Requires high level of understanding of computer systems, computer networks and network security.
- Knowledge of applicable ISA (International Society of Automation) standards on Industrial Control Systems Security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server at systems administrator level.
- Experience with Virtual computer implementation and VMware.
- Experience applying computing techniques using Microsoft tools in process or refining industry.
- Familiarity with industry data collection standards and interfaces e.g. OPC, relational database technology, web services, ODBC, XML etc.
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 94553 ||