DNV GL - Energy Advisory group is seeking a Structural Engineer to address the growth of the Mexican and Latin American wind energy market. The Civil Structural Engineer will act as a key member of the global civil engineering team, engaged in analysis, design review, construction observation, and analysis of structural failures of wind and solar energy systems. The engineer in this position will have a highly visible role and be involved in many wind and solar energy projects worldwide. This position is based out of our Queretaro, MX office.
Tasks May Include
- Review of design drawings and calculations for Wind and Solar Energy foundations structural support systems, to support project financing
- Evaluation of pre-market design concepts for Wind and Solar Energy structural support systems
- Evaluation and root cause analyses of Wind and Solar Energy system structural failures
- Observation and documentation of Wind and Solar Energy construction
- Bachelor's Degree Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 5 of structural engineering design including at least 2 years of design of electrical transmission, wind energy structural systems, including foundations
- Proficiency in Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Argentina and other Central and South American structural design standards. (Including CFE, NCh, ABNT, etc.)
- Proficiency in SAP, STAAD, and other common structural analysis programs
- Detailed understanding of fatigue in reinforced concrete subject to high cycle demand (Eurocode, CEB FIP MC 2010, DNV OS C502)
- Understanding of geotechnical and civil site design aspects of wind projects.
- Understanding of foundation systems for utility scale onshore wind turbines
- Understanding of typical construction methods for Wind Energy
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality
- Able to work independently, and make independent decisions when called for
- Able to work with a geographically diverse team, within the Americas and internationally
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be able to keep in contact with international offices.
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Must be able to use common construction personal protective equipment, walk over uneven terrain, climb ladders
- Ability to walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites
- Willingness to work in inclement weather conditions on occasion
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong written and verbal Spanish communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background screening
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Master of Science - Civil or Structural Engineering preferred plus 3+ years of structural engineering design
- Prior research or design experience with reinforced concrete wind turbine foundations
- Prior experience in Independent Engineering
- Additional language skills (e.g. Portuguese)
- Appropriate Professional Engineer certification
- Understanding of common Solar PV foundation systems and geotechnical aspects of design
- Prior research or design experience with wind-induced dynamic loading of Solar PV structural support systems
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: