The Cranes & Marine Infrastructure department belongs to DNV GL's German Oil and Gas unit in Hamburg and serves the Marine Infrastructure sector. Services range from design verification to quality assurance and consultancy of all kinds of harbor and port infrastructure. We are looking for a civil engineering student who is able to support on a bridge consulting project.
Your tasks will be:
- To research and structure material from public sources and literature about innovations executed globally on the design, installation and operation of large span bridges;
- You will start with a scan of solutions found globally specifically for large span and high clearance bridges crossing canals and water ways;
- You will compile a wide variety of applied solutions and categorize these into suitable groups by mapping and knowledge based methods;
- The Second stage of the task is checking the applicability of various technologies and innovations for a specific, early stage project;
- Advanced studies or Batchelor in Civil Engineering;
- Solid understanding in structural steel and concrete design and geotechnical and foundations, ideally within the bridge construction sector;
- Ideally candidate in advanced phase of study (or with a Batchelor degree) with good knowledge on structural steel, concrete design and or foundation solutions;
- self-motivated and independently working individual;
- good analytical skills and a structured work style;
- Fluent in German, good command in English;
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification and supply chain services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: