Requisition ID: 64621
Manages refinery’s fixed equipment engineering function. Provides proactive and long range technical leadership in the fixed equipment arena to improve the safety, environmental, reliability, profitability, and expense management of the refinery.
- Manages team of PEI mechanical engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SME). Initiates selection, promotion and corrective actions when appropriate; accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies.
- Implements training and mentoring plans for all PEI engineers/SMEs in alignment with PEI department objectives. Ensures engineers/SMEs are trained with the objective of employee development, consistent application of codes/ standards, improving quality of work and successfully perform job duties.
- Provide technical engineering leadership that fosters the design of safe, reliable, cost effective and business driven solution to Operation and Maintenance organization in achieving business team goals.
- Identify, justify, and push for reliability and mechanical integrity solutions utilizing risk assessment methodology to obtain refinery buy-in / assist in prioritization of efforts.
- Provide employees with challenging assignments. Set high expectations, steward results and hold employees accountable for meeting the established industry and Andeavor standards. Give constructive performance feedback and coach employees to continuously improve performance by building on their strengths and working on their development needs.
- Develop bench strength of talent for the business and make employees available for assignments in general interest. Seek input from knowledgeable others on employees and effectively model desired behaviors of the team.
- Integrate technical expertise, industry knowledge and business experience in judgment and decision-making to arrive at conclusion which results in productive, reliable, risk mitigation and cost reducing actions.
- Drive improvements in work processes, technology and organization. Remove obstacles to enable group success. Encourage creativity and adaptability to resolve issues.
Experienced and EDUCATION
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering required.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering preferred
- Minimum 10 years mechanical engineering experience with proven record with fixed equipment design, construction, and operating principles.
** This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-RS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 90810 ||