Requisition ID: 63201
Supervises and provides technical direction for process controls network (PCN) engineering group.
- Supervises group supporting refinery’s process control network (PCN). Provides technical leadership for design and execution of new and/or modified projects. Responsible for timely and expert troubleshooting of equipment and system issues. Ensures compliance with established engineering standards and industry codes. Maintains hardware and software. Standardizes documentation. Maintains and administers backup media. Develops appropriate cyber security measures and practices. Assists technicians and monitors systems performance.
- Works with Environmental group to ensure availability of key data and to ensure proper notification when data falls outside pre-defined parameters. Manages data historian and client tools for accessing data.
- Works with Process Controls team to ensure appropriate patching is completed and measures taken to ensure integrity and security of control systems. Trains groups on security and control systems issues. Maintains parts inventory for PCN.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies and equipment. Makes technical recommendations for upgrades for approval by refinery management.
- Ensures firewall rules are documented and managed and networks are monitored. Ensures backups are regularly performed and stored appropriately.
- Manages, mentors and coaches staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective action(s) when appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies. Promotes technical excellence through development of staff’s technical knowledge and skills.
• Minimum undergraduate degree in chemical engineering or electrical engineering or computer science required.
• Minimum 7 years engineering or computer science experience in refining industry required.
• Control engineering or information technology experience preferred.
• Ability to work extended hours including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Must be available to respond to upset conditions during off-hours
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 90810 ||