Requisition ID: 64781
Accountable for defining and implementing strategies for building safety capability and for safety program implementation, assurance and KPI development in the Mid-Continent Gathering and Processing business including gas plants and oil and gas pipelines. Provides leadership in interfacing with functional and operations teams in identifying and executing risk-reduction strategies and plans. In addition, this role provides leadership in achieving conformance to OEMS expectations related to safety and risk.
Safety Strategy & OEMS Conformance
- Defines and implements the strategic direction in the Gathering and Processing business for building health & safety capability and for defining and implementing fit-for-purpose safety programs.
- Provides key leadership in supporting the operations, maintenance, and projects teams to achieve conformance with OEMS expectations related safety and risk.
- Leads a team of 2 - 4 direct reports and serves as team leader and senior subject matter expert in Logistics.
- Partners with Central Logistics EH&S Safety Team in leveraging resources and expertise in providing support to the Gathering and Processing business.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing safety standards and programs.
- Manages activities of safety personnel who provide technical service and support for the area and contractor programs.
Safety Program Development, Management and Assurance
- Responsible for implementation of safety requirements, procedures and site-specific plans to reduce personal safety risk.
- Defines and communicates safety program compliance requirements.
- Utilizes performance management processes to manage information, data, reporting and other documents.
- Supports the investigation process for Logistics to assure conformance to Andeavor’s incident and investigation standard.
- Builds investigation and learning capability by participating in the HLVE process and provides assurance on achieving quality investigations, and safety related flashes.
- Defines safety needs, supports development and delivery of safety training.
- Implements auditable site safety metrics assessing quality and effectiveness of safety systems.
- Monitors, measures and reports on Safety Program Performance. Performs Quarterly / Annual Management Review of Safety Programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Undergraduate degree in safety, engineering, science, or other related discipline required.
- CSP certification preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of direct health and safety experience in oil and gas and or petrochemical industry required.
- Previous team leader experience in leading and managing personnel preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations required.
- Working knowledge of other OSHA, NFPA, ANSI, API regulations preferred.
- Previous experience leading implementation of EHS programs using a project management approach preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Dickinson || North Dakota || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 58601 ||