Requisition ID: 64065
Performs a variety of minimally to highly complex tax activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares tax filings, tax payments, tax deposits and maintains data that is necessary for corporate tax returns.
- Research and resolves tax issues working with other company departments and vendors.
- Interprets and complies with state, local, and international statutes, regulations, and legislation.
- Prepares for tax audits and takes a supporting role in correspondence and interactions with Federal, state and local tax authorities and auditors.
- Interprets internal and external business issues and recommends solutions or process improvements.
- Provides guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations.
- Serves as a member on special projects.
Prepares and or reviews state and local registrations for new legal entities.
Research and prepares exemption and resale certificates.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of corporate accounting/finance experience, or 1 year of corporate Tax or public accounting experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of tax filing requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, research and resolve minimally to moderately complex tax issues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and promote teamwork
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in using accounting or related systems
- Ability to correspond and interact with others internally and externally
- Knowledgeable of industry tax issues
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||