The available position as Technical Consultant is located in our Hovik office in Norway. You will be a part of the development of a highly skilled team, recently integrated into DNV GL. We work throughout the electrical value chain, through power production, transmission, distribution and consumption. The position requires some understanding of the overall power system but also deeper understanding of electric power and its related technologies. The main part of the job will consist in consulting work but it will also include business and service development. The consultancy projects are variable in nature and often critical to the customer, and typically consist of:
- theoretical studies and investigations, mainly related to:
power system analysis
- energy efficiency
- fault clearance
- power electronics
measurements and validation -
- courses and education at universities and companies
We offer you variable, challenging and critical projects, high level of expertise in the team, high expectations from customers, exposure to the industry and academia, international network and opportunities to work anywhere in the global DNV GL organization.
The successful candidate:
has a Bachelor or Masters degree,
- is fluent in written and spoken Norwegian and English,
- has 5-10 years of experience within power system analysis or related fields,
- is a technical specialist with sense for business development.
Initiative & Responsibility - Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for results,
- Business Development - Identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has strong positive impact on business growth and profitability,
- Networking - Builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives,
- Analysis & Judgment - Quickly understands and analyzes complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments,
- Professional expertise - Demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
For more information, please contact:
Johan Sandberg, Country Manager Sweden, Johan.Sandberg@dnvgl.com, +47 918 77 047
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.