Do you want to build and grow the technology future in DNVGL?
Join us and take on the one-of-a-kind Technology Futurist position.
As Technology Futurist you will be a technology evangelist externally and internally. You will research and examine new and disruptive technologies and changes to business, articulate and communicate consequences and opportunities of the technological acceleration.
As Technology Futurist, you will give customers, industry partners and employees insight into leading-edge technologies impacting their markets and business models, both directly and indirectly. By being the technology guru in the Digital Technology Centre, you will ensure that Digital Solutions will be better equipped to fulfilling customer and industry needs in the future.
As our Technology Futurist, you will have the following responsibilities (or you will add value to our business by) :
- Research and examine (Exploring and assessing) new and disruptive technologies and changes to business, for usage and implementation internally
- Developing thought leadership material and give speeches at external conferences and in internal gatherings to position DNV GL. Responsible to ensure this knowledge is being actively used internally
- Utilizing technology expertise to propose long and short term investments and giving guidance to the Executive Leadership Team
- Initiating and driving the direction for Digital Solutions in the technology area
- Providing framework, methods and tools for units to accelerate growth, profit and innovation by identifying how new technologies and business models can be exploited
- Building up and manage a Technology Futurist team (may be virtual or other) (no direct reports, but building up a team
- Actively seeking partnerships with relevant technology players, through pilots, JIPs or governmentally funded projects
- Establishing a deployment strategy for new services in close collaboration with the Solution Operations unit
- Recognized as the one who see the big picture within digitalization and data smart technologies, and who are responsible for driving and improving the technical leadership in Digital Solutions
- Master degree in relevant technical discipline
- Broad and deep technical background (T-shaped)
- Curious and able to rapidly understand new technologies and key opportunities and threats
- Builds and maintains relationships externally and within DNV GL
- Good understanding of the DNV GL strategies, market trends and customer needs
- Good entrepreneurial skills with ability to think creatively and out of the box
- Excellent commercial mindset
- Excellent communication skills and able to both engage and inspire others
- Proven track record of implementing own ideas, including in areas outside own direct control
For more information about this position, please contact: Petter Gjorvad, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 91797972
Company & Business Area Description
Data is the raw material of the 21st century. It is the foundation and driver of the digital transformation and forms the basis of value creation. To accelerate our growth and development of new offerings to existing and new customers, we are consolidating our digital assets and resources in our new Digital Solutions organization," Remi Eriksen, Group President and CEO of DNV GL.
We are setting up this new Business Area to further enrich and enhance DNV GL's offerings to our customers, and create a larger impact and competitive advantage for our company. The Digital Solutions organization will come from, and build on, different parts of our existing organization, and will consist of approximately 1000 digital experts, to leverage the full potential of the internet of things. The organization will optimize this expertise to meet the challenges of data quality and security, with our newly launched platform Veracity as the basis.
Digital Solutions will have a strong external focus, and our services will complement what the other Business Areas are doing towards our various markets. We will have a close dialogue with each of the other Business Areas to identify where Digital Solutions shall take lead in the market and open doors for other service offerings - and where we can benefit from the relations and positions we have in other Business Areas.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: