The Test Operator is responsible for identifying and implementing the correct set up of the measurement devices necessary to conduct Customer and internal testing. This position is responsible for assuring the test is performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with all DNV GL and industry standards while meeting Custer requirements.
Tasks May Include
- Under the direction of Senior Test Engineer or Test Engineer:
- Determine what test instruments shall be used for each type of test based on expected current and voltage levels, Customer requirements, and test cell and facility status
- Correctly set up the test in the MARS system
- Set up auxiliary devices such as travel recorders, high speed/digital video, and various other devices necessary to capture required test data
- Correctly provide auxiliary power to the Customers' equipment based on the test plans
- Assist the Senior Test Engineer and Test Engineer in preparing for the test including review of the test plans and test sequence
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Senior Test Engineer and Test Engineer during the execution of the test
- Check the accuracy and completeness of the Senior Test Engineer and Test Engineer's calculations
- Correctly develop test data plots and determine measurement routines have worked effectively based on the results of the test
- Take corrective actions as necessary based on the results of the above
- Assist when necessary in the development of test programs by the Senior Test Engineers and Test Engineers
- Assure all necessary requirements and conditions stipulated in the approved quote and purchase order are incorporated in the test program
- Monitor test program preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test evolution
- Provide technical assistance to Technicians and other support personnel as necessary
- Assist the Senior Test Engineers, Test Engineers, Technicians and other support personnel as operating conditions require
- Perform the duties of Test Technician as operating conditions require
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment
- When necessary, perform drawing verifications to assure Customer's equipment conforms to drawings provided as part of the approved quote/purchase order
- Ability to perform simple tests as determined by the Head of Department - Test Operations or Head of Section without supervision
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department - Test Operations
- Associates of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high voltage, utility scale electrical/mechanical equipment testing required
- Willingness and ability to frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds
- Willingness and ability to respond to emergency callout situations and be on site within 1 hour of being notified
- Willingness and ability to work 2nd shift as necessary
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, etc.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, VISIO, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short and long term goals of the organization.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves a great deal of standing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: