Requisition ID: 60181
Provides trading and commercial related analytics and support to the Natural Gas Liquids team. Gathers and maintains data to accurately monitor and report group book, KPIs, positions, and improvement initiatives. Gathers and reports on market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand activities. Collaborates with team to manage and administer NGL supply/demand tactical activities and information. Collaborates with team and other stakeholders to assist in the modeling, evaluation, and implementation of opportunities and optimization.
- Monitors and maintains NGL group’s transaction information associated with the purchase, sale, contract management, and trades for Ethane, Propane, Butane, Natural Gasoline, and Olefins to accurately monitor and report on book, KPIs, positions and initiatives.
- Computes and tracks performance metrics and conducts variance analysis to assess portfolio performance. Assists team with review, analysis, and explanation of variations and position exposures. Works closely with the Analytics group to coordinate participation in development, reporting, and root cause analysis of variances.
- Provides analytical support to the team in identifying, evaluating, and modeling optimization opportunities related to pricing, hedging, forecasting, transportation, delivery hub options, and other commercial terms, primarily to help facilitate decision-making.
- Researches and makes recommendations to resolve trade and transaction related discrepancies. Participates in development and enhancement of position monitoring and management tools for team to facilitate decision-making.
- Acquires and maintains external and internal information and resources to develop market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand issues and knowledge of market fundamentals. Works closely with the Market Analysis group to prepare data analysis for the team to produce relevant market research.
- Provides analytical support to the team to support modeling of long term contracts and project development opportunities.
- Supports Accounting and Trading Controls with reconciliation of position reports to systems of record.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, engineering or related field of study required.
- Minimum 3 years in trading and/or commercial support or related within the energy industry required.
- Previous experience in a commodity based trading or energy acquisition environment preferred.
- Strong proficiency to use analytical, financial modeling, and market intelligence tools such as Excel, SAP, Contract Management System, and trade capture systems.
- Strong analytical skills, such as obtaining pertinent information, evaluating problems, and developing effective models.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial || 78259 ||