The role is to provide support to the GSS Facilities Managers to ensure an efficient operation of the Facilities department in alignment with the business objectives of the company. The individual will also assist in the day to day operation the Logistics department and the Facilities service desks, dealing with any complaints or escalations in a timely, courteous manner. The person will also be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support duties.
The role requires a good working knowledge of the ORACLE Finance system so that all orders and receipts in connection with the Facilities department are both accurate and timely. Knowledge of the historic SAP system would also be beneficial.
The job holder will be the lead person in all aspects of Import and Export in the UK and have a good working knowledge of the current UK legislations on Import and Export.
Responsible for all day to day 'bookkeeping issues' for the GSS UK REM including the monitoring of the ORACLE finance system. Produce monthly budget reports.
- Primary person for coordinating all the GSS UK REM Helpdesk calls for the Loughborough office.
- Coordinates all GSS UK REM invoices.
- Maintains the following databases on behalf of GSS UK REM
- Steps and Ladders
- Lifting and Slinging Equipment
Prepares all Import/Export documents for all UK operations
- Coordinates the Loughborough site archive storage, all 6,000 boxes. Carries out quarterly surveys with the business to ensure boxes are still required
- Carries out Health & Safety Tours around the Loughborough office areas
- Provide 'front desk' cover to the Logistics supervisor at Loughborough
- Be the Primary Travel Booker for the UK GSS REM and Procurement team
- Strong book keeping knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of ORACLE finance or similar system (ex. SAP)
- Familiarity with MS Excel and other similar data base programs
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Ability to prioritise and execute task in a sometimes-high pressure environment whilst still making sound decisions in emergency situations
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Dangerous Goods by both Air & Road Certificates
- Fire Warden and Manual Handling would be an asset
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: