Key Purpose of the role
The primary focus of this role is to undertake technical analysis of wind farms at the pre-construction stage of development. This will involve producing detailed, high quality reports for clients to enable them to decide upon the feasibility of developing the site as a wind farm.
- Undertake energy production assessments which include - site visits, wind data processing and quality checking, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling, review of energy losses, statistical analysis and produce a report.
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also a review of extreme wind speed, ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity, wind shear and temperature range.
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which may include, feasibility studies, site meteorological measurements, shadow flicker assessment, noise modelling, visual impact assessment.
- All of the above work will be undertaken following Energy Group best practice analytical techniques.
- You will be involved in checking the work of others to ensure that it complies with Energy Group best practice techniques.
- You should have good interpersonal skills to work with the wider PD team in APAC and Europe.
- Liaise with a wide range of clients from wind farm developers to financial institutions
- Liaise with industry suppliers, manage bidding processes and provide critical bid assessment
- Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines
- Manage the complete project lifecycle
- Produce tender proposals (including technical and financial aspects)
- Manage the project work to ensure delivery of the scope on time and budget
- Close out the work, ensuring the client is satisfied with the work and has been appropriately invoiced.
- Provide technical advice directly to clients
- Support the continuous improvement of the PD methodology and documentation
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in engineering or physics or atmospheric science or mathematics field or equivalent demonstrating high academic performance, from reputed institutes.
- More than 3 years of significant practical relevant experience; for very bright candidate, the quantum of experience could be relaxed.
- Aptitude for statistical analysis of data.
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English.
- Good organisational and effective time management skills as you will be required to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment - operating to tight timescales.
- Willingness to work on site.
- Excellent observation skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as in the team of very talented engineers
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages and AutoCAD or Microstation
- Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement techniques.
- Fluency in local languages.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: