Please include a Cover Letter and an English Version of your Resume.
Brief Team and Position Summary :
Job Activities Will Include
- Perform turbine site suitability analysis with DNV GL developed analytical tools. Evaluate site suitability assessment prepared by OEMs.
- Contribute to wind turbine technology assessment, review, report writing, and client communication as part of technical due diligence for project financing, mergers & acquisitions, owner purchases, and other business needs.
- Remain current on new wind turbine technology, engaging with OEMs to understand latest technical details on new products and updates/revisions to existing products.
- Perform field and factory inspections of wind turbines and components as part of operational assessments, manufacturing quality inspections, construction monitoring, and failure investigations.
- Support performance of root cause analysis investigations into turbine and component failures covering inspection, documentation of field conditions, causality mapping, and engineering calculations (as appropriate).
- Ability and interest to learn aero-elastic load simulations of turbines. Example work would include detailed evaluation of turbine loads to confirm site suitability, evaluating impacts of turbine modifications (hardware and software) on turbine loads, and assessing remaining useful life of aged turbines.
- Support performance of failure rate predictive statistical analysis.
- Prepare high quality written documentation and reports conveying work performed and results.
- Prepare detailed reports, memos, technical notes, and email correspondence to communicate clearly and objectively to clients with accuracy and technical rigor.
- Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, inspection check sheets, tracking reports and scheduling controls.
Education and Experience
- Required - Bachelor in relevant engineering or physics disciplines
- Strongly preferred - Masters in Wind Energy Engineering, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience within wind energy industry in an engineering related role. Consulting experience a plus.
Required Technical Competency
Qualified candidates are expected to demonstrate the following technical competency items:
- Knowledge of wind turbine systems including gearboxes, blades, pitch and yaw systems, generators, turbine controllers, towers, and foundations, electrical cabling, and SCADA systems.
- Computer programming background (MATLAB, Python or other transferable languages)
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, materials, controls, and physical environment impact on structures.
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and able to learn new software.
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical and civil drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Demonstrated strong written communication skills through report origination, draft/final revisions, ability to review and comment on work of peers, and complete high quality report deliverables. (An original writing sample will be requested as part of the selection process).
Preferred Technical Competency
- Experience performing visual turbine inspections, construction monitoring, commissioning, operation monitoring, or factory quality assurance assessments.
- Experience with or familiarity of different wind turbine platforms and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of statistical methods for deriving component failure rate based on available failure data.
- Familiarity with consulting engineering business needs and expectations and proficient in project management.
- Proficient in reading and understanding operational procedures and instructions, maintenance and inspection check sheets and health and safety processes.
- Proven HSE mindset
- Self-starter, quick learner, takes initiative and ownership
- Ability to be commercially responsible for management of projects and handle associated administrative details
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Accountable for assigned tasks and projects
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Understands customer service approach to work
- Ability to fit within team, taking guidance and instruction from senior staff, while comfortable with working independently for certain periods
- Ability to think critically and assess information independently
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable addressing groups
- Bilingual (French and/or Spanish) writing and verbal skills a plus
- Able to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - clients and co-workers
The following physical requirements are established to enable performance of all job requirements
- Ability to walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions as experienced across North America and in locations where wind energy projects are typically located
- Ability to sit for extended periods as required for typical office work
- Ability to climb a wind turbine tower ladder with up to 30 lbs of gear on person, typically to 100-120 m heights
- Sufficient physical fitness to perform multiple turbine climbs per day
- Ability to enter confined or enclosed spaces
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- We conduct a pre-employment background check.
- Willingness and ability to travel in North America, up to 30% of the time (international travel a possibility, but lowerlikelihood)
- Valid driver's license with clear MVR that complies with DNV GL insurance requirements.
- Passport or documentation to allow international travel (entry to USA, Caribbean, or Mexico for example).
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Please include a Cover Letter and an English Version of your Resume.
Company & Business Area Description
Wind Turbine Engineer - Montreal (QC)
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Company and Business Area Description
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: