Specification for QMS Requirements for Service Supply Organizations
Duration : 3 Days
API Q2 is the first management system specification that meets the unique needs and requirements for the petroleum, oil and gas service sector. API Q2 was developed by a group of industry experts consisting of operators, service providers and reputable consultants. API Q2 is much more than a quality management system standard, it is a process driven risk based management system standard that takes a systematic approach to identifying and controlling risk(s) associated with hazards, lack of controls, inefficiencies, lack of proper planning and execution. This is the only standard that underwent extensive beta testing, industry outreach and joint support form API, operators and service providers. If a company implements this standard correctly, they will not only meet their client's expectations but they will improve their internal operations while reducing and eliminating risks associated with their processes and service related products.
Upon completions of this training, the participants will:
- Describe the API Q2 specification, business drivers and required controls.
- Evaluate their internal management system against the specification.
- Describe the relationship between the different elements.
- Describe the importance and requirements around risk management.
- Identify who and who cannot take an exemption.
- Explain the operator's expectations as well as industry targets for full implementation and certification.
- Relate their learnings to help their organization deploy, implement and sustain a comprehensive management system that meet the specification requirements.
You will be given insight as to the drivers behind Q2’s importance and its value in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry. Using practical examples and hands-on application, this course is designed to progressively give you introductory to advanced knowledge of Q2 requirements and interpretations.
This course is ideal for both newcomers and those already familiar with similar management system documents, such as API Spec Q1 and ISO 9001:2008. Course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Service Execution; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement.
Particular key areas of study include the following:
- Q2's layout and terminology / definitions / abbreviations, as well as their application
- Normative references
- The "process approach" to quality management
- Quality objectives
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Service design
- Contingency planning
- Calibration, accuracy vs. minimum test pressures
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
Who Should Attend:
- Applicants for APIQR Q2 Registration
- Operators quality and supply chain personnel
- Service company operation personnel
- Quality and HSE personnel
- Internal and external auditors
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Well-site service providers
- Personnel involved in Supplier Evaluation Activities
- Oil Company Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
About the Instructors:
WPAG's founder and CEO is the subject matter expert behind the training materials and was involved with the standard development from inception through publication. WPAG's instructors have all had extensive hands on implementation experience of all elements of the standard and have undergone extensive training to include actual and practical application. WPAG's instructors backs up this course with our "Client Service Guarantee", that is how confident we are on the controls and benefits of the specification, the training program and the WPAG training methodology and delivery.