What You Will Learn
Topics covered include:
- The basics and fundamentals of commodity trading.
- The vocabulary of trading.
- The what, why, how & who of trading.
- Energy market structure.
- Softs market structure
- Agricultural market structure
- Metals market structure
- Market participants.
- The intertwined relationship of fundamentals and futures.
- Technical & fundamental analysis; how and when to combine the two.
- Market behavior.
- Introduction to system development & testing.
- All about the futures exchanges: ICE & CME Group.
- Real time trading examples for all products in the commodity infrastructure using the various technical tools & techniques.
- What the various commodity trading instruments, tools & techniques are and what is encompassed in the profession of commodity trading.
- How all of the tools & techniques work.
- How these tools can be applied to the development of a successful trading program.
Who Should Attend
This course is applicable to full spectrum of commodity markets: Energy, Softs, Metals and Agricultural markets. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all commodity contingent industries whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Individuals from areas such as trading, marketing, sales, manufacturing, supply and distribution, risk management, purchasing and financial and accounting will find the course highly beneficial.