- Drilling and production risers
- Overview of marine risers focusing on deepwater application from material selection to offshore installation.
- Detailed lectures on design and analysis methods with particular attention to Top Tensioned Risers (TTR) and Steel Centenary Risers (SCR)
- Review and comparison of riser design codes and industrial standards
- Field applications discussed throughout lectures
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUS)
On satisfactorily completing the course, participants will be eligible to receive 3 CEUs.
Participants receive a sturdy ring binder containing all the lecture slides with notes and illustrations supporting the lectures and providing an invaluable reference source after the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers from oil companies, engineering service companies, construction companies, pipe and service suppliers and regulatory authorities, who are newly qualified, have recently moved into riser engineering or hold broad responsibilities that include risers.
The course is especially suitable to those who wish to broaden their knowledge of deepwater riser engineering or deepen their technical understanding of specific riser types.
Newly qualified riser engineers (designers and analysts)
Experienced riser project engineers who want to expand their knowledge
Sub-project managers (of subsea contractors including risers)
Subsea supervisors / managers
M. Sc. students in offshore engineering